Friday, January 20, 2012

All Work and No Play

[caption id="attachment_275" align="alignleft" width="168" caption="I probably should have refilled that jar before snapping this, huh?"]Chickpea Salad[/caption]

Most people's definition of play is something along the lines of getting out of the house and doing something for completely recreational purposes.  While I was sitting at 'work' today I was chomping at the bit to get home to be able to play.  After all, I had a kitchen to clean and heap of laundry to take care of and three projects to get started on (paintings pillows and hydroponic living walls!).  And while reorganizing your kitchen because you basically had everything out of the cabinet when you had company last night doesn't sound like a desirable start to the weekend... I was counting down the minutes until I could get out from behind that desk and have some real fun.

In lieu of pictures of my amazing kitchen (organizational tips provided by, none other than, my Mom) and a giant pile of laundry, I've decided to include this super healthy, incredibly inexpensive, remarkably delicious (and colorful) salad that I take to my 9-5 most days.

Have a fantastic Friday and please come back for updates on my projects!  I need someone to share them with since one is a surprise for William!



This recipe was born out of a need for a quick, diet friendly lunch made from a refrigerator whose contents can be described as lacking.  I'd love to hear about your variations to it.

Chickpea Salad


1 can of chickpeas

1 cucumber

1 carrot

1 tomato

1/2 onion

1 teaspoon olive oil

1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar

salt

pepper

Drain the chickpeas, chop vegetables, toss and season to taste.  Keeps for up to three days (may keep for more but I usually eat it before then!)

1 comment:

  1. [...] project wasn’t on the list I gave you last time.  This project is something that’s been sitting next to my side of the bed for approximately [...]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for writing!